Wednesday 18 February 2015

Shopping

Mr Middleton in Dublin

Spring was in the air in Dublin and Mr Middleton's shop had lots of plants on display in one of the main shopping streets. Colourful Primroses and different kinds o shrubs.  I passed several times, but in the end I gave in and went inside. The shop was packed with bulbs and seed packages. It was terribly tempting to leave the shop with a bag full of seed packages, but I restrained myself and chose Coriander, cylindrical beetroot, courgette and celeriac seeds.
  
I was particularly happy to find the celeriac as I have failed finding these in Canada. Celeriac is one of my favourite vegetables that you can use in many different ways. One is to just roast chunks of celeriac together with carrots, parsnips and yellow onions in the oven. Put Rosemary, Garlic and sprinkle with some olive or canola oil on top. Season with salt and pepper and let cook until well done. Serve with any meat like steak, chicken, pork chops, hamburgers.... Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment